Wednesday, March 26, 2014

There are signs all around us...

One of the things that is always striking when living abroad are the little differences in how language is used and meaning of things.  I find that on a regular basis, I am amused by little signs or shirts or symbols that I see.  I wanted to take this blog post to share a few.  

Well this sign pretty much speaks for itself: 
 I don't know why this sign amuses me so much, but it really does.

This one is for Suzette...yes, Poo Villas...ha ha ha
 

This is obviously just hilarious and witty!
This is on the dash of one of our regular taxi drives and I love it!


I also wanted to share some fascinating clips from the Daily Nation, one of the Kenyan newspapers.   Most of these clippings relate to the new Marriage Bill that recently passed in the Parliamentary house here:





This final clip relates to an uptick in the demand for fully armored cars in Kenya....yikes.

I wish that I had the chance to take pictures of many of the people that I see walking around in shirts that originated state side, but ended up here via Salvation Army, etc.  I saw a man wearing a bright pink shirt that said, 'Future Trophy Bride' and John saw a pigmy wearing a shirt that read 'BIG THINGS ARE COMING'.  I also had a carpenter come to the house recently to take apart one of the beds we were selling who was wearing a Chicago Bulls hat.  I have seen many White Sox fans trolling around in baseball caps - none of which actually know who the White Sox are nor which sport they are associated.

Everyday is certainly an adventures - one worth taking in and enjoying, in my opinion.  



1 comment: